- Published: Monday, 29 August 2016 15:44
Annual Pumpkin Weigh-Off, Parade & Regatta 2016
The Annual Pumpkin Weigh-off will be held Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10 a.m. at the Dill Farm, 400 College Road, Windsor.
The Annual Pumpkin Regatta will be Sunday, Oct. 9th. The parade starts at Noon; the Regatta at 2pm on Lake Pisiquid.
For more information visit the committee's website at http://worldsbiggestpumpkins.com/
NOTE: The Windsor-West Hants Pumpkin Festival Committee organizes the events & updates their website.
- Published: Monday, 29 August 2016 10:17
Victoria St. Water Main Replacement - Notice to Businesses & Residents of the Town of Windsor
The Town of Windsor would like to advise residents, business operators and the general traveling public that work will begin on the above mentioned project on September 6, 2016 with estimated project duration of 4 weeks.
Work will generally include water main replacement between Wiley Ave and Gerrish St.
The street will be closed and/or lane reductions throughout this project. Driveways will be inaccessible at times. However we will try to limit this, and give you notice beforehand. The general public is encouraged to use alternate routes if your destination is not within the work zone.
Town of Windsor Public Works crews will be approaching residences in order to connect temporary water service.
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact the Town of Windsor Administration Office at 798-2275. We thank you for your cooperation during this project and regret any inconvenience that will be caused due to these necessary upgrades.
- Published: Thursday, 25 August 2016 09:37
Water Conservation Advisory (9a.m. Aug. 25, 2016)
The Town of Windsor Water Utility is advising that due to very dry conditions, lake levels in the Mill Lake Watershed area are lower than normal for this time of year.
Residents, businesses and customers of the Windsor, Three Mile Plains and Wentworth Water Utilities are being encouraged to use conservation measures on their day-to-day water consumption until further notice.
Some of the more immediate measures include:
- Reducing lawn watering and other outside water usage
- Reducing car washing
- Repairing leaking plumbing fixtures
- Decreasing long shower durations
The Water Utilities are relying on voluntary cooperation to avoid reaching a critical situation.
At this time, there is no impact on Falmouth or Hantsport Water Utility customers but we encourage all residents to be good stewards of the environment.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Published: Tuesday, 23 August 2016 14:18
Nominations Open for the 2016 Municipal & School Board Elections
Nominations will be accepted for the following offices in the Town of Windsor Elections to be held on October 15, 2016
• Four Councillors elected at large
• One Annapolis Valley Regional School Board Member for the electoral district comprising the Town of Windsor and polling districts 7, 8, 9, & 10 of the Municipality of the District of West Hants
• One African Nova Scotian Member for the Regional School Board for the entire school region
• One Member of the Conseil scolaire acadien provincial for the electoral district of Greenwood comprising the Town of Windsor and all other municipal units in the counties of Annapolis and Kings, and the District of West Hants.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE ABOVE-MENTIONED MAY BE FILED AT:
• Mayor and Councillors
Office of the Returning Officer, Shelleena Thornton, Town of Windsor Office, 100 King St., Windsor, NS – (902) 798-1355
• District Member of the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
Office of the Returning Officer, Rhonda Brown, Munic. of the District of West Hants Office, 76 Morison Drive, Windsor, NS – (902) 798-6908
• African Nova Scotian Member of the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
Office of the Returning Officer, David Poole, Munic. of the County of Kings Office, 87 Cornwallis Street, Kentville, NS – (902) 698-9960
• Member of Conseil scolaire acadien provincial
Office of the Returning Officer, Carolyn Young, Munic. of the County of Annapolis Office, 752 George St., Annapolis Royal, NS – (902) 532-3136
All nominations may be filed 9:00 am – 5:00 pm on Nomination Day, Tues., September 13, 2016 or by appointment in the five (5) business days preceding Nomination Day
- Published: Wednesday, 10 August 2016 12:10
Municipal/Provincial Park/Trail Closures
The Province has been receiving inquiries with regard to park closures due to the wildfire hazard, both municipal and provincial. It has, therefore, created a web page which captures what municipalities are doing regarding travel restrictions on municipal land and parks. This page will continue to be updated as the Province receives information from municipalities, so be sure to keep checking back and to also call your local municipal office to enquire as well. http://novascotia.ca/nsfire/municipal-closures.asp
- Published: Monday, 08 August 2016 16:19
Nova Scotia imposes travel ban to keep people out of woods as wildfires burn
For more information, please here