- Published: Thursday, 25 August 2016 09:37
Water Conservation Advisory (9a.m. Aug. 25, 2016)
The Town of Windsor Water Utility is advising that due to very dry conditions, lake levels in the Mill Lake Watershed area are lower than normal for this time of year.
Residents, businesses and customers of the Windsor, Three Mile Plains and Wentworth Water Utilities are being encouraged to use conservation measures on their day-to-day water consumption until further notice.
Some of the more immediate measures include:
- Reducing lawn watering and other outside water usage
- Reducing car washing
- Repairing leaking plumbing fixtures
- Decreasing long shower durations
The Water Utilities are relying on voluntary cooperation to avoid reaching a critical situation.
At this time, there is no impact on Falmouth or Hantsport Water Utility customers but we encourage all residents to be good stewards of the environment.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Published: Tuesday, 23 August 2016 14:18
Nominations Open for the 2016 Municipal & School Board Elections
Nominations will be accepted for the following offices in the Town of Windsor Elections to be held on October 15, 2016
• Four Councillors elected at large
• One Annapolis Valley Regional School Board Member for the electoral district comprising the Town of Windsor and polling districts 7, 8, 9, & 10 of the Municipality of the District of West Hants
• One African Nova Scotian Member for the Regional School Board for the entire school region
• One Member of the Conseil scolaire acadien provincial for the electoral district of Greenwood comprising the Town of Windsor and all other municipal units in the counties of Annapolis and Kings, and the District of West Hants.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE ABOVE-MENTIONED MAY BE FILED AT:
• Mayor and Councillors
Office of the Returning Officer, Shelleena Thornton, Town of Windsor Office, 100 King St., Windsor, NS – (902) 798-1355
• District Member of the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
Office of the Returning Officer, Rhonda Brown, Munic. of the District of West Hants Office, 76 Morison Drive, Windsor, NS – (902) 798-6908
• African Nova Scotian Member of the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board
Office of the Returning Officer, David Poole, Munic. of the County of Kings Office, 87 Cornwallis Street, Kentville, NS – (902) 698-9960
• Member of Conseil scolaire acadien provincial
Office of the Returning Officer, Carolyn Young, Munic. of the County of Annapolis Office, 752 George St., Annapolis Royal, NS – (902) 532-3136
All nominations may be filed 9:00 am – 5:00 pm on Nomination Day, Tues., September 13, 2016 or by appointment in the five (5) business days preceding Nomination Day
- Published: Wednesday, 10 August 2016 12:10
Municipal/Provincial Park/Trail Closures
The Province has been receiving inquiries with regard to park closures due to the wildfire hazard, both municipal and provincial. It has, therefore, created a web page which captures what municipalities are doing regarding travel restrictions on municipal land and parks. This page will continue to be updated as the Province receives information from municipalities, so be sure to keep checking back and to also call your local municipal office to enquire as well. http://novascotia.ca/nsfire/municipal-closures.asp
- Published: Monday, 08 August 2016 16:19
Nova Scotia imposes travel ban to keep people out of woods as wildfires burn
For more information, please here
- Published: Monday, 08 August 2016 10:37
Are You On The List To Vote This October?
Revisions to the Preliminary List of Electors (Town of Windsor)!
Municipal & School Board Elections October 15, 2016.
The preliminary list of electors has been prepared for use during the municipal and school board elections in the Town of Windsor, to be held on Saturday, October 15, 2016.
• Do you want to know if you’re on the list?
• Do you have corrections to make to your information?
• Do you need to be added to the list?
You can find out and do all of this by contacting the Revising Officers by telephone or in-person.
Visit the Town of Windsor Office between 9:00am – 4:00pm from August 8 – September 1, 2016 (excluding statutory holidays), 100 King Street, Windsor, NS
Call us between the same hours/dates noted above at (902) 798-1355 or at (902) 798-6689.
You will be asked for your full name, both your civic & mailing address, and your date of birth.
- Published: Monday, 08 August 2016 09:51
Town of Windsor Tax Sale September 14, 2016
Public Auction Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 10:00 am at Council Chambers, 100 King Street.
Please click Windsor Tax Sale Ad Aug 8, 2016 for specific information/details.