- Published: Monday, 16 July 2018 14:01
*** Two Special Meetings ***
Please be advised that there will be a Special In-Camera Meeting of Joint Council (both Windsor and West Hants) taking place in the West Hants Sanford Council Chambers on July 19th beginning at 7p.m.
The meeting will be followed with an open meeting then a Special meeting of Windsor Town Council beginning at 8 p.m. (to also be held in West Hants' Council Chambers)
BOTH agenda's can be found here:
- Published: Wednesday, 27 June 2018 10:11
Waterfront Development in Windsor (Presentation)
At the June 12, 2018 Committee of the Whole meeting, a presentation was made by Parsons Green Development Limited pertaining to waterfront development Combined Windsor Waterfront Parson Green Dev Presentation .
At the June 26th Town Council meeting, Windsor Council made the following motion:
MOVED AND SECONDED THAT STAFF MOVE FROM THE EXISTING MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) TO A MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MOA) WITH PARSONS GREEN DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED AND THAT THE MOA INCLUDE A CONCEPT DESIGN, PURCHASE TERMS, AND OTHER TERMS THAT THE PARTIES MAY AGREE TO, CONSISTENT WITH THE EXISTING MOU. AND,
THAT STAFF BEGIN NECESSARY MUNICIPAL PLANNING STRATEGY (MPS) AND LAND USE BYLAW (LUB) AMENDMENTS TO CREATE AN INVESTMENT-READY WINDSOR WATERFRONT AREA. MOTION CARRIED
NOTE: no changes to any Planning documents have yet occurred and there will be opportunity for public information, consultations, input, and public hearings.
- Published: Thursday, 21 June 2018 12:23
Town of Windsor Tax Sale
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Windsor Council Chambers, 100 King St., Windsor, NS
Details: Tax Sale Ad 2018
- Published: Wednesday, 23 May 2018 09:23
Town of Windsor Low Income Partial Tax Exemption Policy 2018/19
At the May 22, 2018 Town Council meeeting, Windsor council passed the "Low Income Partial Tax Exemption Policy" for 2018/19 for residential taxpayers in the Town of Windsor. This partial tax exemption is available to all taxpayers whose total income from all sources for 2017 was below a specified amount. The details of this year's partial exemption are outlined in the 2018 19 Low Income Partial Tax Exemption Policy AND Affidavit . DEADLINE is July 31, 2018.
- Published: Tuesday, 08 May 2018 08:43
Financial Condition of NS Towns, Municipalities & Regions
The 2017 report of municipal indicators is now available for all town, municipalities & regions in NS.
Check https://novascotia.ca/dma/finance/indicators.asp for details and see how your town is doing and/or compares to others.
- Published: Tuesday, 01 May 2018 12:16
We Want Your Input!
Help Shape Our / Your Community to be Stronger & Healthier!
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS & ATTEND
- PROVIDE INPUT / EXCHANGE IDEAS
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 (Environmental)
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 (Social & Cultural)
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 (Economic)
All are 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
WHERE: Windsor Council Chambers, 100 King St, Windsor, NS (2nd Floor via elevator or stairs).
Healthy snacks will be provided!
WHY: Update Windsor’s Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ICSP).
We want and need your input & participation!
WHAT: The ICSP is an active (on-going), long-term plan, developed in consultation with YOU back in 2009 & 2010 that identifies goals and actions for OUR community in the four foundations of sustainability:
• Environmental (e.g., long-term energy planning, solid waste management, climate change adaptation, and biodiversity and wildlife habitat preservation);
• Cultural (e.g., festivals and events, institutional and heritage buildings);
• Social (e.g., accessibility, affordable housing, transit, parks and recreation, public safety, emergency measures); and,
• Economic (e.g., community economic development (CED), tourism, downtown districts, commercial/industrial districts).
Over the years, the Town has tracked progress, and have had some other “priority” sessions with the public. However, now is time for another review and we would like your input. For more info & to view the existing ICSP, visit our Sustainable Communities page on our website.