- Published: Tuesday, 23 May 2017 17:56
Public Information Meeting
The applicant and owner of 64 Chestnut Street is seeking a development agreement that would allow for the development of a mixed-use building, which would contain a private Montessori School (Citizens of the World Montessori School) on the ground floor and personal residential use on the floors above.
The first stage of the application review process will be a Public Information Meeting (PIM) held on May 24th, 2017 in the Council Chambers at Windsor Town Hall at 7:00 PM.
The purpose of the PIM is to allow the applicant to answer questions and the public to provide preliminary feedback on the request. Town Staff have not completed a review of the project and no recommendation is provided at this time. The public can, and is encouraged to, provide comment on the application at any time in the process, but the earlier in the process the better so that any concerns can be addressed.
For further information regarding the proposal, please see 2017 05 24 PIM Report 64 Chestnut Street (1)
- Published: Tuesday, 23 May 2017 15:56
Recent Water Main Break Update
As a result of a major water break on one of the Town’s large transmission mains Saturday afternoon (May 20th), you could experience discolored water for a few days through out town. This is due to the re-routing of water that had to take place during the emergency repair. The main has been repaired and put back into normal use. Water is being tested and meets all criteria. It is safe to drink.
- Published: Thursday, 04 May 2017 09:19
Windsor - West Hants Visitor Guide Book 2017
The Visitor Guide Book is available in particular locations throughout town and Nova Scotia. You can also view it online by clicking Visitor Guide Book 2017.
- Published: Wednesday, 12 April 2017 16:03
Recognize Any Places? "The Mist"
"The Mist" - much of it filmed right here in Windsor. Check out the trailer and be sure to tune in to Spike TV on June 22nd for its debut "The Mist" trailer
- Published: Friday, 31 March 2017 12:35
Receive Your Utility Bill & Property Tax Bill Online with E-Post™
The Town of Windsor has teamed up with epost™ - Canada Post’s solution for electronic delivery of mail. Along with your Town of Windsor utility bill and property tax bill you can now receive other bills and statements such as your assessment notice, phone, cable, credit cards and more – in one secure place, online.
With epost, there’s one place, one login and one password. No more dealing with multiple websites, usernames and passwords just to manage your bills online.
With epost you can:
• Set up automatic email and text reminders for when bills arrive or are due
• View your bills at canadapost.ca/epost, then pay online with your bank
• Access your bills anytime on any device with the free mobile app
• Keep your bills safely stored for up to seven years
• Be assured that your information is protected with bank grade security
Getting started with epost is easy.
1. Visit canadapost.ca/epost to sign up for your free digital mailbox
2. Have your latest paper bill ready; you will need your account number and the amount of your bill.
3. Register your bill by clicking on Add a New Bill or Statement
epost™ is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
- Published: Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:03
Public Engagement Sessions Re. Community Priorities
On Jan. 11, 2017, the Town held a public engagement session to discuss priorities and how to action those priorities.
Citizen and business members provided valuable input and signed up for action-items they would be interested in learning more about and/or contributing to.
On-going discussions with each individual priority group has or is still taking place...ways to action the priorities to move Windsor forward.
For more information, please click on the
Jan. 11, 2017 Public Engagement Session Notes
As each individual priority/action group meets, those notes will also be added below: (EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS). HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Vibrant Downton & Waterfront including Fort Edward Lands - March 6, 2017 Group Session
- Encompassing Communications Strategy (meeting was held Mar. 20th at 6pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Diverse and Welcoming Community (meeting was held Mar. 9th).
- Emphasis on Arts, Culture & Recreation (meeting was held Thur., Mar. 23rd at 7pm in Committee Rm next to Council Chambers, 100 King St).
- Partner and Develop Community Fiber Technology Asset
- Competitive Tax Structure (meeting was held Apr. 29th at 100 King St. (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken).
- Best Governance Structure to Achieve Goals was held Apr. 29th (no one attended; therefore, no minutes/notes were taken). (Working together initiatives: Windsor and WH Cooperation MOU Feb 8, 2017 , 2017 Joint Council Terms of Reference signed Windsor and West Hants ,)
THIS IS YOUR (OUR) COMMUNITY.
IT'S NOT (NEVER) TOO LATE TO ASK QUESTIONS, LEARN, PROVIDE INPUT, AND PARTICIPATE.