- Published: Monday, 14 August 2017 09:11
Mayor's Newsletter Summer 2017 - Town of Windsor
The Summer 2017 Mayor's Newsletter has gone out in the mail. You can also view it here .
- Published: Tuesday, 25 July 2017 13:41
We want to know what you want to know about!
We recently posted on our Town's Facebook page, asking what you want to know about. We are posting it here as well (along with the Q & A Fact Sheets to the Facebook questions).
Tell us what you want the FACTS on related to the town of Windsor and we will provide you with the facts. (But please be patient with us, we may need to do some research). Maybe it's something you're keen to learn about...or maybe you're hearing/reading about some stuff and just not sure what to believe. Don't be shy, ask away.
Staff will research it and post the "Fact Sheet" below (again, please be patient). This being said, we don't know everything, and in some cases, we aren't aware of the factual history, so may not be able to provide answers. But will definitely do our best!
FACT SHEETS TO QUESTIONS ASKED
- Metal Door & Antenna on King Street (Pressure Reduction Valve) Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Hwy 101 Twinning Update Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Dog Park Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Delapidated Buildings in Windsor Fact Sheet Update July 25, 2017
- Proposed Arena Facility Update Fact Sheet July 25, 2017
- Waste Water Lagoon & Foul Odor Fact Sheet July, 25, 2017
- Fracking Waste Water (aka Brine) Fact Sheet July 26, 2017
- Underwood Drive Barrier Fact Sheet Aug 01, 2017 (revised since July 25 sheet)
- Mini Pygmy Goat in Windsor Fact Sheet August 1, 2017
- Lights on Wentworth Rd leading into Sobeys & Central area Fact Sheet Aug 01, 2017
- Land Use Bylaw Change Fact Sheet August 9, 2017
- Giant Wooden Hockey Puck Fact Sheet Aug 15, 2017
- Bicycle Lanes Fact Sheet Aug 15, 2017
- Published: Thursday, 20 July 2017 16:33
Waste Lagoon Odor July 2017
- Published: Tuesday, 04 July 2017 11:38
Town of Windsor-Notice of Public Hearing
Council of the Town of Windsor intends to consider, and if deemed advisable, approve a DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT application from Deborah Griffiths-Cuffari concerning a property at 64 Chestnut Street, Windsor (PID 45048410). THE PURPOSE of the application is to allow for the development of a mixed-use building containing a private Montessori School (Citizens of the World Montessori School) for up to fifteen (15) students on the ground floor and a single dwelling unit for personal use on the floors above.
A PUBLIC HEARING to consider this development agreement application will be held by Town Council on Tuesday July 25, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., at the Town Council Chambers, 100 King Street, Windsor, N.S. Members of the public are invited to attend this hearing and make written or oral representation concerning this application. Written submissions may also be made prior to the hearing date.
APPROVAL of the development agreement will be considered by Council following the Public Hearing. Anyone wishing to inspect or obtain the staff report and proposed development agreement concerning this application may do so by contacting the Town of Windsor Planning Department, 100 King Street, Windsor, N.S. between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or by calling (902) 798-6689. These documents may also be found here .
- Published: Wednesday, 24 May 2017 11:19
Low Income Partial Tax Exemption Policy 2017/18
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Residential taxpayers in the Town of Windsor are advised that the Town Council has provided a partial tax exemption to be available to all taxpayers whose total income from all sources for 2016 was below a specified amount. DEADLINE IS JULY 31, 2017.
For more info, click on both of the below links.
2017/18 Low Income Partial Tax Exemption Policy
2017/18 Low Income Partial Tax Exemption Affidavit
- Published: Thursday, 04 May 2017 09:19
Windsor - West Hants Visitor Guide Book 2017
The Visitor Guide Book is available in particular locations throughout town and Nova Scotia. You can also view it online by clicking Visitor Guide Book 2017.