- Published: Thursday, 03 November 2016 15:56
What is 211?
If you have a question and need to know where to get the answer, 211 is for you. Actually, 211 is for everyone.
- Who do you ask for help in filling out legal forms besides a lawyer? 211 can help.
- Where do you go when looking for caregiver info? 211 can help.
- Need to know who can help you write a resume; 211 can help.
You have questions, 211 can help get the answers.
211 can provide you with contact info for services & programs offered by local community groups, non-profits and government departments. Some examples are:
- housing/shelter needs (all types);
- child, youth & family;
- continuing care;
- food, clothing & furniture banks/support;
- older adult services;
- newcomer services;
- health, mental health, & addiction services;
- disability support and services;
- community and cultural services;
- new immigrant programs;
- support groups;
- AND MANY MORE.
You can just dial 211 from your phone or visit their website at http://ns.211.ca/homepage