- Published: Tuesday, 01 May 2018 12:16
We Want Your Input!
Help Shape Our / Your Community to be Stronger & Healthier!
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS & ATTEND
- PROVIDE INPUT / EXCHANGE IDEAS
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 (Environmental)
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 (Social & Cultural)
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 (Economic)
All are 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
WHERE: Windsor Council Chambers, 100 King St, Windsor, NS (2nd Floor via elevator or stairs).
Healthy snacks will be provided!
WHY: Update Windsor’s Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ICSP).
We want and need your input & participation!
WHAT: The ICSP is an active (on-going), long-term plan, developed in consultation with YOU back in 2009 & 2010 that identifies goals and actions for OUR community in the four foundations of sustainability:
• Environmental (e.g., long-term energy planning, solid waste management, climate change adaptation, and biodiversity and wildlife habitat preservation);
• Cultural (e.g., festivals and events, institutional and heritage buildings);
• Social (e.g., accessibility, affordable housing, transit, parks and recreation, public safety, emergency measures); and,
• Economic (e.g., community economic development (CED), tourism, downtown districts, commercial/industrial districts).
Over the years, the Town has tracked progress, and have had some other “priority” sessions with the public. However, now is time for another review and we would like your input. For more info & to view the existing ICSP, visit our Sustainable Communities page on our website.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!
- Published: Thursday, 05 April 2018 08:43
Alexander Street Upgrade Project 2018
Information re. the Alexander Street Project will be posted on this external website https://www.alexander-street.com/ . Please "BOOKMARK" that website link and keep an eye on it for updated information.
- Published: Tuesday, 20 March 2018 12:47
Hockey Arena Project Presentation
A copy of the agenda & presentation from the Mar. 19, 2018 public information meeting can be found by clicking on 20180319 Public Info Committee of the Whole Mtg Re Hockey Arena Proj Agenda PKG
- Published: Wednesday, 07 March 2018 16:19
Hockey Arena at Long Pond Update Reports
Weekly info reports will be posted here.
- Published: Tuesday, 20 February 2018 15:17
Canada Now Interview with Mayor Anna Allen - Proposed Hockey Arena
To listen to the "Canada Now" interview with Mayor Allen with respect to the proposed Hockey Arena, click on the link 20180216 Mayor Anna Allen Interview On Canada Now re Proposed Hockey Arena Project
NOTE: when you click on the link, you may be asked to select the "media" type in which it should open. Be sure to select the media form on your computer (i.e. iTunes, Media Player, etc).
- Published: Friday, 16 February 2018 10:15
Proposed Hockey Arena / Hockey Heritage Fact Sheets
Questions are being asked via many methods (e-mail, different Facebook pages, through other media, etc). Although the Town may not be aware of every question raised through various methods, those we are aware of, we are identifying and will provide factual responses to (based off the information we have to-date).
Many different Q & As will be acknowledged in one fact sheet, so be sure to read the entire document. As new items are raised that we are made aware of, a new fact sheet will be produced (and just the date of the sheet will change for your easier reference. Dates are identified as yyyymmdd).
Please allow up to 2 business days for us to respond to your question(s). NOTE: Only one Fact Sheet will be posted each business day (if needed), so there will not be two sheets with the same name. (Links to these fact sheets will be updated at the bottom of this article, so please check back).
Hockey Arena Hockey Heritage Fact Sheet Q & As 20180301 (This was actually written up Feb. 28, 2018; however, we changed the date so that people would not think it is the same as the one just below it but felt it pertinent to not delay posting it on our website)